Monday, August 23, 2021

Positivity Quilt Completed!

Today I am going to share my Positivity Quilt. The pattern was designed by Preeti @ Sew Preeti Quilts. It was a fun and easy pattern to sew. Preeti is actually the one to challenge us to make a 60" x 80" quilt using her pattern and timeline. The finished quilts will need to be mailed to Bernie @ Needle and Foot. She has a charitable organization called Mercyful Quilts and all the quilts will be donated to this charity.

I chose my "plus sign" fabrics from a jelly roll that I had won from a local quilt shop, O'Sew Personal. Isn't that perfect? Free fabric is destined to be used for charitable opportunities if you ask me. My background fabrics and binding fabric came from my stash. The backing came from yet another local quilt store, Itch'n To Be Stitch'n.

The quilting was easily completed using my Bernina 153 sewing machine. The quilting stitch I love to use is what I call "Preeti's Quilt Stitch"! It's a serpentine stitch which is the #4 stitch on my machine. I leave the stitch width at 5 and I increase the length to 3. I love how easy it is to remember: 3-4-5!

On to my Positivity Quilt! The photo shoot took place yesterday while the weather was decent. It was only 90 degrees but little humidity. Today we're supposed to go to 92 with so much humidity that it will feel like 105! Ugh! So I did manage to take advantage of the better temps. First up is at the top of the deck. I can really see the "S" pattern in the middle as suggested by another blogger. Let's call it S for Smile!

Hanging at the bird patio in the backyard. I thought it was so sweet of this volunteer sunflower to bloom right here. I suppose this could be called S is for Sunflower!
Laid back in a chair by the bird patio. S is for Sigh. Ahhhhhh!
Sitting peacefully by my favorite hydrangea called Limelight. S is for Sweet!
And lest I forget the back, here is S is for Sitting Pretty.
And how about S is for Sun-Dappled?
Here's a good close-up of the quilting and the beautiful, paisley backing fabric. S is for Squiggles!
Did I mention how much I enjoyed sewing Positivity with friends and for such a good cause. Thank you, Preeti, for getting us the pattern and then keeping us on-track to finish. Thank you, Bernie, for forwarding these beautiful quilts on to those in need. I'm sure they will feel all the love sewn in to each and every quilt.

Linking up with all the other Positivity quilters HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment