Saturday, April 23, 2022

A Little Pink Happened and a Finish!

Since I kept having troubles with reading my daily blogs due to Bloglovin being unavailable most of this week again, I have switched over to Feedly to read the posts from my cyber friends. Yea! So happy to have this alternative. Fingers crossed that this feed never deserts us like Bloglovin seems to have done.

As for Rainbow Scrap Challenge, this month is pink so I pulled out my pink bin and set to work on my hexies. Have you ever thought about how many shades of pink there are? Well, I decided to focus on light pink and bright pink. The center hexis were cut-offs from when I made the Winnie the Pooh baby quilt. I like the look!


When I noticed my azalea was blooming today, I knew we had to go for a photo shoot. Pretty in pink!


Let me explain one thing about this pretty pink plant. Many years ago I went to the nursery in search of a rhododendron. That's what I really wanted and yet I came home with this azalea. Why? Because this variety was called "Olga" and that's my grandmother's name (my Dad's mother). How could I resist?? So here's another picture of dear Olga with my hexis.


Now I also have a finish to show you. This is a Kathy Schmitz design called "Spring Has Sprung". You may remember I took the embroidered piece to retreat where I finished off the borders and the little accent quilt. In the meantime, I quilted and bound it. Of course the last thing I needed to do was hang it.

I think it really turned out pretty and it will hang until mid- to late-May. That's when all the patriotic summertime quilts come out!

I'll leave you with one final picture of what I'm currently working on. I'm getting ready to quilt another project and it keeps with the pink theme we've got going with Angela's RSC.

Have a great weekend and, if you have a few minutes, hop on over to SoScrappy to see what other pink projects are happening!

7 comments:

  1. Loving your KS design...so pretty...lovely work
    that pink rhodie is gorgeous--and who knew it would sprout hexie flowers hahaha?
    My rhodie is still tightly budded...it is still pretty cold here with the off the ocean winds....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your azalea is really pretty, and those hexies fit right in! I really love the Spring has Sprung embroidery, too. Looking forward to seeing what you're quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly are "pretty in pink" with the pictures on your blog today. Love your blog header, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hexagons! I've never seen a middle made of more than one fabric. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. still laughing at the flowers outside on the bush.... easy peasy just go harvest a quilt's worth of blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pinks and I love azalea's. Reminds me of my time in Rome when the Spanish Steps would be covered in pink and white azalea pots. And of course, I always love a hexie. Bloglovin has been a real pain hasnt it - I too have been looking at feedly but have not gone there yet, am relying on Bloggers reading list at the moment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pinks. We don't grow azaleas or rhododendron. Too cold here I think. Love them though!

    ReplyDelete