Thursday, April 21, 2022

I Like Thursday #70

Here we are on another fine Thursday being given another chance to share positive thoughts. Thank you to LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for giving us this opportunity.

Last week I told you how much I enjoyed the book "What Alice Forgot" by Liane Moriarty. What's next for me to read? A couple of days ago I started "Finding Freedom: A Cook's Story; Remaking a Life From Scratch" by Erin French. Here's a quick blurb from Goodreads.com on what it's about:

"From Erin French, owner and chef of the critically acclaimed The Lost Kitchen, a TIME world dining destination, a life-affirming memoir about survival, renewal, and finding a community to lift her up."

So far I'm really enjoying this book.


Easter dinner was a roaster chicken that I stuffed. Today there were showers and it was damp and cold. I boiled down the bones and made chicken soup. I threw in celery, onion, carrots, potatoes, peas, and spinach. So tasty! We like to eat homemade soup.


Look at the beautiful tulips on my header photo. Today I noticed that they had changed color, turning a deeper pink. From light pink to dark pink, these flowers are a joy to see each morning.


We recently watched "The Eyes of Tammy Faye" on Hulu. Jessica Chastain, who played Tammy Faye, won the Oscar for Best Actress. RottenTomatoes.com summed up the movie like this:

"THE EYES OF TAMMY FAYE is an intimate look at the extraordinary rise, fall and redemption of televangelist Tammy Faye Bakker. In the 1970s and 80s, Tammy Faye and her husband, Jim Bakker, rose from humble beginnings to create the world's largest religious broadcasting network and theme park, and were revered for their message of love, acceptance and prosperity. Tammy Faye was legendary for her indelible eyelashes, her idiosyncratic singing, and her eagerness to embrace people from all walks of life. However, it wasn't long before financial improprieties, scheming rivals, and scandal toppled their carefully constructed empire."

All three of us enjoyed this movie -- Hubby, Mom, and me.

Lately I've been very disappointed in Bloglovin.com being down. Again they went off this weekend and I haven't caught them up at all this week. This leaves me unable to read the blogs that I enjoy following, I mentioned my problem to Diann at Little Penguin Quilts and she said that she reads blogs on Feedly.com. So guess what? I switched over to Feedly this weekend and have been working to catch up on missed blogs and setting up my feed. I REALLY LIKE the close-knit "family" of bloggers. Thank you, Diann, for helping me out during this frustrating time.

Wishing everyone a good week!

8 comments:

  1. Your tulips are lovely and the chicken soup looks delish. I am right there with you about bloglovin. So I guess I will wander over to feedly too. Great likes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never used bloglovin but I know how useful a good tool is if you follow about 100 Blogs. Instead I use inoreader (another feed reader) and except for a few blogs all provide an RSS feed.
    Best regards, Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  3. technology is being a general pain at the moment. LOVE your tulips and I like soup all the time. LOVE chicken soup from scratch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie! I have been missing Bloglovin', too. Thanks for the update about Feedly.com. I will have to check that out today. Your tulips looks so wonderful and, well, SPRING!! What a difference between your header photo and the more recent one! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad Feedly is working for you! Your soup sounds yummy - I love homemade soup, too. Thanks for the book and movie recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been switching over to Feedly, too, although I can't remember all the blogs I've been reading. Bloglovin is just too unreliable, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tulips look beautiful...and I’m happy to hear you found a solution to the blog problem. Well done xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your header, Susie. Delicate shades. I always boil chicken bones too and make soup. We also have buttered cream crackers with it! I’m looking forward to that movie. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete