Saturday, April 2, 2022

March Wrap-Up: Retreat, Sprinkle, and Home Again

This month has been a whirlwind of activity with not much quilting to report. Was it a great month nonetheless? You betcha!

My sister drove up from Texas to spend time with all of us. Midway through her visit, we sisters got to spend SPECIAL time because we went to Sprague's Kinderhook Lodge in Illinois. To give you a little better idea of its location, it is about 20 minutes due east of Hannibal MO, home of Mark Twain and two quilt stores with another quilt store about 30 minutes north. Heaven on Earth!

Linda and I had a great time and I sewed a cloth book, The Pokey Little Puppy. I already gave it away without taking a picture. Drat! But I get to count a yard of fabric gone for the Stashbuster Challenge run by Carole at From My Carolina Home.  I also completed the March block for the Illusions Sampler, my LQS's BOM. The drunkard's path blocks were fun!


I also finished the top of this Spring wall hanging by Kathy Schmitz. The embroidery was completed a long time ago but all of the piecing (including the little paper-pieced quilt in the middle) was finished at the retreat. Once I get it quilted up I'll be able to report that fabric in the Stashbuster Challenge too! Need to get a move on this one!

Four days after my sister left, we left for Maryland to attend the "sprinkle" (mini-shower) for my grandson, due April 27th. Here are a few pictures from the "sprinkle" and our visit.

Of course we had to give a St. Louis Cardinals onsie!

Brody loved the Hooters Hider, made & given by Mom's hairdresser Mary.

Jared got a new clock to keep everyone on time.

Sarah & I enjoyed watching the antics from the only seat we could find!

Brody was exhausted from all the excitement.

Another highlight to the sprinkle was my cousin Fran & her husband John drove down from NY. What a surprise! It is always wonderful to see them and my mother was thrilled beyond belief!

The day afterwards, we went to Sarah's condo to relax and enjoy some peace & quiet. Penny made herself at home in Fred's lap.



Gus is pretty sure that the recliner in the nursery is there for him!
We always enjoy seeing Amanda's family
(from L to R: Sharon (mother), Lucy (niece), and Emily (sister)

We got home on March 30, in time for Mom's doctor appointment on the 31st and to get Gracie "out of jail"! Haha!

So you can see that not a lot of time was dedicated to quilting. I did accomplish a little bit for March's RSC Yellow & Gold.

A couple of hexis

I also worked on String-X. The yellow block is in the middle of the quilt so I couldn't do any of the scrappy zigzag border. Instead I grabbed a piece of yellow fabric from my stash and used it up for a narrow inner border.

For my March PHD report, nada. Nothing finished but several in the works! Wish me luck on April progress! I'll be linking up and checking in with my friends after a long absence. Can't wait to get back in the swing again!


Linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for RSC, Gail at Quilting Gail for PHD, and reporting stash enhancements & depletions with Carole at From My Carolina Home for the Stashbuster Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. What a busy month!! With all that travel, it's a wonder that you got any YELLOW sewing done at all. Kudos on the two hexies and that border, as well as getting a just on PINK in that sweet little bunny quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun month, seeing all that family! The String-X quilt is really pretty in all its rainbow colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where in Maryland? I miss living there. Gus is the star, you know how I love dogs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to have all that family time, and you did manage a little stitching in between times.

    ReplyDelete