Saturday, January 16, 2021

First FNSI of 2021

Friday Night Sew-In is always a special night for me. I dedicate that evening once a month to hand work. Sometimes it's knitting, sometimes cross-stich, maybe a little embroidery. Who knows? But I try to keep it to handwork of some sort.

What did I work on last night? I brought out Reindeer Dance by Primitive Gatherings. First I was this far:

After working the evening away while watching some of my favorite TV shows, I got this far:

All of the reindeer are sewn down. I also glued down the dark trees so they're ready to stitch down. There are embroidered antlers after that and then the backing. Getting there!

Are you wondering what my favorite TV shows are? Magnum PI and Blue Bloods. In between we're also watching the St. Louis Blues hockey game. My husband is a pretty rabid fan! He's crediting the season opener win on his Blues socks that he got from his daughter-in-law. They're actually also from our son but he's a Vancouver Canuck fan so I doubt he'll want any of that credit! Hahaha!

So anyway, you saw my progress and you can see what my worldly cyber friends worked on as well right HERE! Thank you, Wendy, for rounding us up this month!

9 comments:

  1. I love your Reindeer Dance! Great progress on it, you did a lot during an single evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of progress! Are you using staples to baste? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you made a lot of progress - those reindeer look so playful and ready for action!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely project - have you stapled things??

    I'm also curious about the white fabric - is it textured or a fine print of some sort - looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love Reindeer Dance! You made great progress x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those reindeer are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful project. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reindeer dance is looking great. Depending on how much I have to concentrate I either listen to podcasts and audio books while crafting or catch up with series as varied as The Great Pottery Throw Down or House of Vards

    ReplyDelete