Thursday, January 14, 2021

I Like Thursday #20

 Hi and welcome to my "I Like Thursday" post. I'd like to share with you a couple of my "likes" from the past week. Let's start with my walk with Gracie.

As many of you know, I walk pretty much every day for a couple of miles with my trusty canine, Gracie. I like walking with her most days. When she goes ballistic at another dog, I am not happy. Mostly though, she's pretty even-tempered. The other day we explored the newly installed pipe under the bike trail.

I liked seeing the sunrise through the trees and across a frozen fog. It was 22 degrees that morning. 
We also liked walking over the swamp that the bike trail takes us.
I also liked how I changed up a good recipe and made it a bit healthier and certainly prettier than the original. The original recipe "Sunny's Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil" can be found HERE. I made it the first time following it pretty much to a tee and we liked it a lot but this way seemed to  be a little lighter. Besides, we like to eat shrimp!
I like to read all sorts of books. This week I finished "Chosen to Die" by Lisa Jackson. It was a good mystery/thriller right to the end. I learned later that it was her 2nd book in this series so I'm going to go back and read the first one "Left to Die". Currently I'm reading "Anxious People" by Fredrik Backman. I've read several of his in the past ("A Man Called Ove", "Beartown", and "My Grandmother Told Me to Tell You I'm Sorry") and have enjoyed his observations on life. I find his style intriguing. I'm not very far into this one so I'll let you know if I recommend it as much as I would recommend the three I've read earlier.

Sharing my "likes" with others on Not Afraid of Color!

5 comments:

  1. You had some pretty views on your walk, and interesting things to explore. I've read A Man Called Ove, but none of his other books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful peaceful pictures! Looks like a lovely place to walk!
    Thank you for the book recommendations! I've read a few of Backman's books, but will investigate Jackson's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your walks always look so pretty! I don't have a dog to walk, but try to walk somewhere every day anyway. Thanks for sharing the recipe - we love shrimp, too! I loved "My Grandmother..."so looking forward to reading more of his books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty when it's cold. That shrimp dish looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos from your walk - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete