Saturday, January 16, 2021

RSC Pinks

During this second week of January Pinks for Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I tested out an Irish Courthouse block. I bought this pattern from Bonnie Hunter a while back and have been wanting to give it a go. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!


It went together rather easily and I made a few more Easy Peasy blocks in between that trial effort. I wondered how many EP blocks I had and what do they look like so far. After laying them out randomly, I took this picture.

Lots of blue & orange going on. See the pattern? So far 18 blocks. Obviously not enough to do much with so I'll continue. This is Bonnie Hunter's Leaders & Enders project which goes through June so there's still time to get something going!

My piecing sewing machine went in to get cleaned. It's been several years and he could use a little spa date. In case you're wondering, this Bernina is all white & blue so I determined it was a boy. (Please don't be upset with me being in gender mode!) Because Berninas come from Switzerland, his name is Roger .... as in Roger Federer, the incredible Swiss tennis player! Anyway, the point is there won't be much piecing for me for a week or two while Roger is in the shop. However, my other machine (the red & white one named Nina) is set up for quilting and currently I've been happily quilting Tiny Tuesday! Who knows? I may have a finished quilt soon!

The other morning Gracie & I saw a beautiful sunrise. I thought it might be appropriate since it was SEW VERY PINK. Looks kind of orange now to me ... let's go with coral. That's a shade of pink, right?



Thank you, Angela, for hosting this linky party again. Click right HERE to see what all my friends have been busy sewing this past week at So Scrappy.

15 comments:

  1. Love your Irish Courthouse block. I have not made a quilt like that -- yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your finished Tiny Tuesday soon! Love the pink geometric in your Irish Courthouse block. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the visual flow of chain quilts! Your fabric in the center of the chain is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the irish chain is really pretty. I am behind on easy breezy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful sunrise! Love the Irish Courthouse block - is it strip pieced? Otherwise, those are some little pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely block! The Irish Chain blocks this week are making me salivate, hehe! And the sunrise you captured is gorgeous! We have the huge Wasatch Mountains to our east, so we never see sunrises like that! But we always have changing, majestic views!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roger and Nina sound like perfect names for the machines. That irish chain sure is pretty in pink. Pretty sunrise as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Striking block. I love the geometric print you used in the middle of the Irish Chain block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm making a similar block - Double Irish Chain- so, of course, I love your Irish Courthouse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, I have a new-to-me Singer 66 that is almost up and running and I need to name her. (The first time I saw her I knew she was a "she".) I'll be watching your courthouse blocks; Bonnie's pattern is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for showing off your Easy Breezy blocks along with that lovely PINK block for the RSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We always name our cars, machine's? Never thought to do that. The sunsets alway make me pause and reflect on creation, so beautiful and very peaceful. Bonnie Hunter gave us enders and leaders, a great way to do more of what we love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pink blocks and the sunset - Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The courthouse block looks great and the EP blocks are looking good too. Hope Roger comes home as good as new. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. your irish courthouse is so pretty - those fabrics give it a jeweled look

    ReplyDelete