Thursday, January 7, 2021

I Like Thursday #19

It's been a while since I last posted an official I Like Thursday post. New year, new post, right? Let's go!

You know I like my walks with Gracie. C'mon, Mom, let's go! Off across the frozen field we went.


New year, new day. I caught a couple pictures of sunrise that morning too. I really like that time of day and it's easier now than ever since it's winter and the sun comes up later.


New year, new projects. I really like starting new projects. I started up a wool applique project from Primitive Gatherings, a young deer pincushion. Their wool is SOOOOOO soft and luscious to work with.

I really like my family and playing games. Over Christmas we held a Parcheesi tournament. We had 2 tables-of-4 play with the top two winners from each of the tables play for the win PLUS the two losers from each of the tables play for the top of the bottom. If we'd had time, we would have had the top two from each of those tables play for Grand Champ using double elimination set-up. No pictures but WE HAD FUN!!! Side note: I was the Big Winner!

Here's a picture of Parcheesi players waiting to play. Gracie was exhausted with all the visitors we had over the holidays, including two additional kitties in the house!

I like old photos and the memories that come with them. Shutterfly reminded me of these pictures I took twelve years ago.

The two young girls are my twin nieces (now 21) and the boy is my nephew (22) who will be graduating from the US Air Force Academy this spring. Oh my! They were so little and goofy!!! Up above on the bottom left is my mother and the mother of the three kids already mentioned (my SIL) and on the right is a younger, lighter version of me with the twins. Lol!

And speaking of old photos, my cousin's daughter posted a few oldies on Facebook the other day.

Above, that's my mother, father, and me taken in 1962(?) down in Alabama by Lake Martin. Below is a picture of me around age 4(?) on the front porch of my grandmother's house in New Jersey. My daughter saw this picture and asked were we poor. Lol!!!! Honestly neither my mother nor I could explain my wardrobe that day although Mom thought maybe it was taken right before we moved to Alabama after my Dad was re-called back into the Air Force. He had been a teacher before that and yes, she explained, we were poor .... but happy! Oh the memories ....

I like reading too. My book, "Chosen to Die" by Lisa Jackson, is a murder/thriller book. It has kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. I've got about 30 pages to go and I think I've got it figured out. I can't wait to see if I'm right!

Last night we watched "Ford v Ferrari" with Matt Damon and Christian Bale. There were times when I had a hard time understanding the dialogue due to the language accents. However, it was a very good movie and well made. I liked it but be warned: You will need to WATCH the movie and not be sewing/quilting at the same time. Pay attention to get it all. Two thumbs up!!

What a great start to the New Year. I'll be sharing my "Likes" with others here on Not Afraid of Color. LeeAnna graciously hosts this linky party every Thursday and it is uplifting to see what others share too. Check it out and have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. love this post. Thank you for being positive... Gracie, having visitors is a lot of work for a pup. Love board games

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parcheesi! I loved playing that. Pretty frostiness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Parcheesi! We spent many an evening playing it with my cousins and amongst my siblings when I was a kid. I like your sunrise photos, and yes it's so nice to see it daily in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back to I Like Thursday! I bet Gracie is happy to have you as a walking companion! Love the old pictures - especially when you find some you haven't seen in awhile. I'll have to look up that book - murder mysteries are my favorite genre!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful time spent together at Christmas.
    Old photos are fantastic memories aren't they...xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful Christmas by the sounds of it. I love old photos and the memories they evoke....I think you were so cute. Your little felt deer is just so sweet. Beautiful sunrise photos in your frosty winter pics. Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete