Monday, January 4, 2021

PHD 2021

Gail from Quilting Gail has put out the challenge once again for all interested to join her in the 2021 PHD. PHD stands for Projects Half Done and, c'mon now, 'fess up. You really do have a few of these right? Lol!

Anyway, to get started all you have to do is click on her button below to read the "rules" and search around for twelve PHDs. Last year I listed more than 12 but I'm a lot smarter now. I know how I get a bit sidetracked here & there throughout the year but the PHD "rules" are very adjustable. Check it out now by clicking the button below and get back to me in a few minutes .....

..... Back now? This button will be on my right-hand sidebar from now on, always available throughout the year. Ok, well, here are my PHD projects for 2021. I'm coordinating it with my local quilt store's 2021 UFO Challenge so my first 7 projects were listed in my previous post HERE. Now I only have to look for five more! Ha! Truthfully I'll need to whittle it down to ONLY 5 more projects.

So here is my list for the 2021 PHD:

  1. Tiny Tuesday
  2. Halloween BOM
  3. Christmas Pillow
  4. Shark Bite
  5. Hope
  6. Mini Wool Christmas
  7. 2020 Twisted Mystery
  8. Awesome Land
  9. Heartfire
  10. Afternoon Delight
  11. Christmas Placemats
  12. Eva Grace
Numbers 7 through 12 -- These are in various stages of piecing/applique. I want these to turn into 100% finished tops. (Quilting finishes to be determined later.) If I get this far down my list, I'll be sure to share pictures of where I'm starting on them as well as the progress I make.

And because I can't help myself, I've already started two new projects, New Beginnings Pin Cushion and Reindeer Games Table Mat. Both are wool applique projects by Primitive Gatherings because I like to have handwork ready for TV watching. I'll hustle along to get these done by month-end. (*wink*)

I hope to get more than 5 of my 12 projects done this year which is what I accomplished in 2020. While managing to 100% finish 5 quilts is quite an achievement for me, I am aiming to hit a higher mark this year!

There will be several of us hoping to make progress in 2021 and I will be cheering them on as well during the bi-monthly Linky Parties by Gail. Please follow along with me as I work on these quilts throughout 2021.

Let the stitching begin!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susie!
    Welcome to PHD in 2021!!!
    You've got a great list of your UFOs ... and so far, you only have 2 'New Starts' in 2021 - that sounds very do-able!
    Best wishes! and Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed by your 2020 accomplishments and inspired by your ambitious goals! I have been thinking I need to commit to a PHD list this year, too - I need all the help I can get to stay focused. I can't wait to see your Eva Grace finished. I need to work on finishing at least one of Irene's projects before we see her again. I love your mini wool Christmas - it's adorable! Looking forward to seeing your progress this year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete