Saturday, January 2, 2021

Getting Organized for 2021

So here it is the new year. All the family has left and there is peace & quiet here in the house. The dog and the cat are catching up on their sleep as are Fred & I. But there is work to be done! It is time to organize myself with what projects will be at the top of my list for 2021.

Rainbow Scrap Challenge always has me pondering on projects to keep my interest for an entire year. I really enjoyed making the Awesome Land blocks from my book "Oh Scrap!" by Lissa Alexander. I'm thinking about putting together Stair Steps. I think I could use up a lot of neutral scraps as well as color scraps.

I bought Bonnie Hunter's digital pattern for Irish Courthouse. I really think I could use up a lot of neutral scraps here too. You can view the pattern and purchase it HERE.

While hand-piecing Kyoto, I decided that I would figure out a hand-piecing RSC project for this year. I'm torn between starting a Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses and some other hexie-type pattern. I think it's more that I'm nervous about starting the Lucy Boston which I know very little about. If you've never heard of this quilt block, just Google it. There are tons of pictures to give you an idea of what they can look like. 

Angela, our RSC leader, has put out a challenge for us. It is called Full Stop Challenge and will be a punctuation quilt that looks to be fun. You can find the details HERE. If you'd like to see her first set of blocks and the tutorial for making some blocks yourself, go HERE. I'm not 100% sure I'll be jumping in but it looks fun too.

Of course O Sew Personal Quilt Shop will be starting up the 2021 UFO Challenge next week. I need to find 7 quilts that I'd like to prioritize to finish up this year. I know the first one will be to finish up Tiny Tuesday. I have a good portion of the top quilted but it needs to get moved to the DONE pile!

The other quilt I listed for last year's UFO Challenge that didn't get touched was the Halloween BOM top. I'd really like to get that one done so it'll make the list again this year.


And of course this little Christmas pillow ought to get quilted and finished!

I want Shark Bite finished this year too!


And let's not forget Hope, the Quarantine QAL brought to us by Gudrun Erla of GEDesigns!


My most recent quilt top finish was the Mini Wool Christmas SAL. I should really try to have that one done for next year, don't you agree?

And last but not least, I started late on the 2020 Twisted Mystery Quilt through my guild. This morning was the last official Zoom meeting for it but I'm a bit behind due to the holidays. I'd like to finish this one up because in the next couple of weeks, the 2021 quilt-a-long begins! I'll make this my Bonus project and try to work on it during the year to get it finished up also. I've only finished the first 2 installments. I've got a long way to go!

Of course I've already started a couple of new projects with a couple more dancing in my head. Let's see what 2021 can bring!

Linking up with Angela at SoScrappy!

6 comments:

  1. Isnt it funny when we ponder what projects we want to start, and keep coming up with even more ideas. Plus the half completed ones we want to finish. As I tell my hubby, I'll never run out of things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't fun, choosing new projects for a new year? Although, I often find that the ones I end up loving the most are the ones I find along the way - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Stair Steps quilt design! That's perfect for a rainbow of scraps. You have a lot of fun projects in the works, Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Irish Courthouse quilt looks like a fun project. Best of luck finishing up some of those UFOs to make more room for the new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plenty to keep you busy Susie - have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck on finishing up your Tiny Tuesday quilt. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Shark Bite completed! :o))

    ReplyDelete